The U Visa: Immigration Relief For Victims Of Crimes as well as other vulnerable persons

The Law Office of Melissa Anderson is grateful that our team gets the opportunity to assist the most vulnerable members of the immigrant community.

Our Team Represents Victims Of Crimes, Victims Of Domestic Abuse And Children

We are proud to help victims of crime, domestic abuse and children obtain legal status in the United States.  Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you need immigration status and have been a victim of a crime, have been abused by a parent, child, or spouse, or are the loved one of a child who has been abused, neglected, abandoned by his or her parents, or sent to the United States alone, schedule a consultation with us today to find out if our Team can help you obtain your permanent residency aka (a green card) — and possibly eventually become a citizen.

The U Visa: Immigration Relief For Victims Of Crimes

Some of the crimes that may qualify for a U visa include:

  • Domestic violence
  • Abduction or kidnapping
  • Blackmail or extortion
  • Female genital mutilation
  • Felony assault
  • Hostage-taking
  • Incest
  • Involuntary servitude, peonage and similar violations of workers’ dignity
  • Murder or manslaughter
  • Prostitution
  • Sexual assault, sexual exploitation and rape
  • Stalking
  • Torture
  • Trafficking
  • Witness tampering
  • Unlawful criminal restraint
  • Other crimes related to the above crimes, as well as other crimes not specifically mentioned

Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Immigration relief is available for victims of human trafficking, domestic violence and other crimes. The U visa is specifically for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law If you are a victim, call us today to set up a consultation to learn about possible immigration relief.

Some people who have received U visas may qualify for a green card and then for U.S. citizenship!

Immigration Relief For Abused Spouses, Children And Parents, Including Relief Under The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) 

The immigration laws protect certain husbands, wives, children and parents of U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) by affording them the opportunity to apply for family-based petitions without their abusers’ knowledge. This sort of relief allows victims both safety and independence from their abusers. This type of relief is available equally to men and women, regardless of sexual orientation.

Sometimes these filings are time sensitive, so schedule your consultation today. You may still qualify for such relief even if you are in immigration proceedings. 

Immigration Relief For Vulnerable Children 

Permanent residency (a green card) and a pathway to citizenship is available to some foreign-born children living in the United States who have been abused, abandoned or neglected. Children sent by themselves to live in the United States may also qualify. The Law Office of Melissa Anderson is pleased to help these children obtain Special Immigrant Juvenile Status in the United States and the many benefits that come with it.

These children should act quickly, because there is a limited amount of time to take advantage of immigration benefits for abused, abandoned and neglected children.

Contact the Law Office of Melissa Anderson

Call our Nashville office 615-750-5886 or 615-925-2041 or send us an email to schedule a consultation with our team.

Spanish is spoken here. Se habla Español.
Disclaimer: This is an advertisement. Information found on this website is not intended as legal advice. Visiting this website and/or contacting the Law Office of Melissa Anderson does not constitute an attorneys-client relationship.

Schedule a Consultation: